HALL HIRE T&Cs
Terms & Conditions for Venue Hire at OLLBC
- The venue hire fee must be paid in full before a booking can be confirmed. A deposit may be required in advance of full payment. You may cancel at any time but no refunds will be given if the event is cancelled less than 24 hours before its start time.
- The venue may only be used for the purpose declared in the initial booking application, unless the hirer obtains prior written agreement from the Church. Sub-letting is not permitted.
- The hirer agrees to comply fully with Government guidelines for the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
- The hirer undertakes to ensure that any required licences (for the sale of alcohol or for public entertainment, for example) are obtained prior to the event.
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring the health and safety of all those attending the booked event, and should familiarise him/herself with the emergency procedures applying to the premises.
- Health and safety equipment must not be interfered with. The activation of a fire alarm or fire extinguisher, except in an emergency, will incur a fee of £75 which will be taken from the card presented at payment.
- The Church accepts no responsibility for any accident or injury to persons, or damage to or loss of property sustained on the premises during the hire period, howsoever caused. The hirer agrees to indemnify the Church fully against any claims arising.
- By law, smoking is not permitted indoors under any circumstances. This includes vaping. Smoking is permitted in the outdoor area only, but please ensure that cigarette ends are disposed of properly.
- The use of illegal substances and legal highs on site is not tolerated. If the church keyholder believes that illegal substances and or legal highs have been used on site, then the event will be immediately terminated and the hire fee forfeited. We may also inform police about any illegality.
- The hirer is responsible for alerting the Church to any damaged or broken equipment at the start of the hire, and for reporting any damage caused during the booked event at the conclusion of the hire. The hirer agrees to be responsible for the cost of making good any damage caused during, or as a result of, the booked event.
- The hirer should leave the venue as he/she found it and ensure that all refuse and recyclable materials are removed from the premises at the end of the hire period and disposed of appropriately. Failure to do so will result in the full cost for cleaning or disposal being charged to the card presented when making the booking.
- The hirer must ensure that all equipment and other articles not belonging to OLLBC are removed from the premises at the conclusion of the booked event. Failure to do so may result in additional charges for storage or disposal.
- The security of the premises during the booking is the hirer’s responsibility. This responsibility ends when the OLLBC keyholder is satisfied that the building has been vacated and properly secured.
- The church office area is protected by an alarm system and should not be entered. 24 hour CCTV is in operation on the premises (operated by OLLBC) and images are recorded for security purposes.
- OLLBC will not allow the venue to be hired for any purpose which would conflict with our vision and values as a Christian faith community.
For more information please call the Community Office on 020 8668 6260